View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Cares4Dogs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicity1008 View Post
my female had a litter before and her temp dropped to 98 a day before whelping began. Does the temp ALWAYs drop? or can she still go into labor without a drop like that. Her normal temp in 99.8 and it has been flucuating between 99 and 99.3. I believe that she may be having some contractions. Can a bitch have contractions several days before wheping? like braxton hicks. Im a novice at this. Please no harsh feedback for asking questions. we all have to start somewhere. i am just looking for support here
Mine had contractions before actual labor. Her temp fluctuated too...drove me nuts. I read and reread but it almost seems to all go out the window during the whelp hahaha. As long as you remember what to dos and not freeze up you'll be okay. My girl had a difficult whelp and I was in a panic, but didnt lose focus. I had to help her and everything turned out okay. I made a bigger mess than my girl did hehe. I kept throwing gloves, paper towels and piddle pads behind me and had a mountain of mess to clean up. I had slime all over me. All of that mess and only 2 pups hahahaha.
Cares4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!