View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Wolfman ... I believe that Owen's biggest problem is "He spends most of his day in a small corner of her kitchen"!! These babies are the most loving little creatures you will ever encounter!! They "require" lots and lots of TLC. One of the things our breeder told us was that they are "velcro" dogs ... we can certainly attest to that as our Toto is spoiled rotten and wants to be held all the time if we are sitting down!! We have lots of time for her and I even take her with me when I am doing research in courthouses ... so far every single one has welcomed her with open arms!! She is the sweetest little baby and we just adore her! We haven't had experience with potty training a little boy but our little girl was relatively easy. Because she is so small [4 lbs] and to suit our lifestyle, we chose to train to the wee wee pad and it has worked beautifully! She is 13 months now and very seldom ever, ever has an accident! Owen possibly chews up his pad out of boredom? Make sure that he has several things to chew on [we use Nylabones] and any time you see him chewing on something he isn't supposed to, simply hand him something he IS supposed to chew on. Since you will be living on the second floor ... if I were you and could spend time supervising him, when he goes on the pad, praise him and give him a little treat [we use little pieces of Honeycomb cereal]! We never ever scold Toto ... we just give her lots of attention and lots of praise! They are absolutely "wild" to please you!! When we would catch Toto going on the floor, we simply [without a word] placed her on the pad and said "tee tee here". When she would go on the pad, we carried on like fools saying "Good girl, tee tee!" and gave her a treat. Before long she would go to her pad and if we didn't notice she had used it she would find us ... sit up and "tell" us!! I do hope you will be able to take Owen home with you ... sounds like he really needs attention and lots of cuddling! Welcome to the forum and please keep us updated on how he is doing!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!