View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabyOliver View Post
the reason i was looking for a specific weight was so that the new dog was around the same size as the dog my have now, we have a yorkie across the street and he is huge, and my oliver is afraid of larger dogs, also i think he might be lonely, all he does all day is sleep and wait on the stairs so someone to come home, i feel if there is another dog in the house it will keep him more busy and in the end make him happier. and everyone thanks so much for the tips to far

I don't think you should get another dog to keep him company. If you question his happiness, take him to puppy classes. His age doesn't matter. Put him on a schedule that includes a daily walk, scheduled time for dog training etc. These things will boost him confidence. Dogs don't teeach one another good habits. They usually become annoyed when you add company if they don't feel in control. Dogs sleep most of the time, but most of these terriers will show more energy than you expect. Health is always a consideration of course.

If he's old he could really be mad if you add to the family. It is okay to mix boys with boys or girls as long as they've been altered. I worry about people looking for cheap dogs. It's problematic. We know that you get what you pay for. I don't sell dogs. I'm just helping you out.

Take him to class, boost his self esteem. You will have a new relationship.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!