View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
newissue
Yorkie Yakker

I think you make alot of sense.
This dog sees no one but me we live in a condo on the beach, Its white inside, he never get dirty. I don't let him run around in grass or dirty places. He looks picture perfect until he starts to walk. Its happened every day this week. Its a little too much for me, but he sounds like he's normal for a dog. But I will call the vet's sister on Monday she answers the phone.... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
It is most likely leftover hormones from his neuter and will go away with time. Just make sure that he does not stay erect too long as this could cause a problem.

After I had both boys neutered Doodlebug who was 6 months at the time had a full erection. He was out in the yard with Bogey and would not come when I called him and was standing funny. Boy was I shocked when I went to pick him up! He was fully erect and looked like he was in pain and frightened out of his mind! I brought him in the house and put him into the kitchen sick with cold water~guess it wasn't cold enough and it didn't go down. So I called the vet concerned about his "condition" and he told me to bring him in. Before I left, I decided to put him into the shower~I held him in the stream of cold water and he started to swim in the air but it worked 'cause POOF it was gone Bogey still brings out his lipstick a couple times a week and does not have a love toy either. It's been a few years since he was neutered and it only peeks out~nothing like what happened with Dbug and I have never needed to resort to the shower swimming either. It is all natural and part of being a dog. I would guess with a little more time he will not be able to get a full erection and only occasionally have just a small part peek out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!