Thread: Pup Carrier
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I got a great bag for Rowdy - it was from the Gap and no, I don't have a picture, but I know some other members have it too, so maybe they will have a pix.

It is denim and is really well made. It sorta looks like a denim duffle bag. It has a firm bottom but soft sides and it completely zips up at the top. It has flaps on the ends that can be rolled up or down and when they are down, there is mesh material so he can see out. It has short handles and a shoulder strap. When I get tired of carrying him, I just put him in the basket.

I was very skeptical that Rowdy would be OK in it, but he does just fine. He doesn't cry or bark or whine. He is so concealed in it that we can take him most anywhere, even places that dogs are not supposed to be, e.g., Walmart, Target, we've even taken him into a restaurant and set him under the table.

One more cute story - I had him in a sporting good store the other day and had to go to the restroom - the bag has a shoulder strap and so I just hung him on the bathroom door hook while I did my business. Too funny!

We also have a pouch type carrier with straps that go over my shoulders and around my waist and he rides in the little pouch on my chest. He is not hidden in this carrier though, everyone can see him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!