View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Oh, so all yorkies wind up with the solid colored face? Just takes time? That's neat, wonder how long it'll take for his tail to stop being black? lol, really considering calling him dipstick Thanks for the info though.
Not all yorkies end up with gold or tan faces. Some of your soft coated dogs may keep a lot of black in their face or have a sooty look, that is considered a fault. Sometimes is takes a couple of years for the head to completely clear with some lines. The ideal color on the face would be a shaded gold.

From the YTCA yorkshire Terrier standard:

Quote:
Colors

Puppies are born black and tan and are normally darker in body color, showing an intermingling of black hair in the tan until they are matured. Color of hair on body and richness of tan on head and legs are of prime importance in adult dogs, to which the following color requirements apply: BLUE: Is a dark steel blue, not a silver blue and not mingled with fawn, bronzy or black hairs. TAN: All tan hair is darker at the roots than in the middle, shading to still lighter tan at the tips. There should be no sooty or black hair intermingled with any of the tan.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!