View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #8
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyorkies
I have had two that had a reaction to the rabies vaccination.. But Lupae's was the most severe case.. The area where the rabies vaccination was administered became a huge sac filled with fluid and our vet had to drain that area 4 different times in 1 1/2 weeks.. The fluid sac went from where the vaccination was given all the way around under his front leg to his chest! Also the area where the rabies was given his coat turned white and the color has never returned to that area.. He is due this month for his second rabies vaccination and I do NOT think I can do it..

Thanks..
Melanie
Melanie~ How awful. I think you are absolutely right not to. You can see about getting a waiver from your vet but ypu probably will never need it since there is very little risk of getting "caught" with a house dog like a little yokrie and you could always get the waiver then if you received a citation.

I was told by one vet that if my dog bit someone and he his rsbies vaccine wasn't up to date that they could euthanize him and that is a complete and disgraceful lie!!! A lot of vets use those types of scare tactics however and the average person doesn't know any better.

They can quarantine your dog for a period of time (to your home) and require you to vaccinate unless you have a written waiver from your vet and that is it. Thay cannot kill your dog!!
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!