View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabyOliver View Post
i live in the new york long island area, not more than an hour away i am looking for buy/adopt a second yorkie. i have 1 yorkie oliver, and i feel that he is lonely, he doesnt get much interactions with other dogs, and i think getting another dog will do the trick andmake him happier.i think i would prefer another male and not a teacup, i am not sure what is considered a teacup, but i am looking for a yorkie around 4-5 pounds, because my oliver is 4.9 pounds. i hope not to spend too much i would like to stay as little as possible. but i know how expensive yorkies can be.
There is no such thing as a "teacup" this is a term puppy mills, BYB & greeders use to make money. So first advice if a breeder uses this, run the other way!
I would say if your first concern is spending "as little as possible" you might want to hold off on another Yorkie. You need to buy your breeder first and make sure you are dealing with someone reputable or even if you pay "cheap" up front it will cost you in vet bills down the road!
You are correct, Yorkies are expensive up front & long term!
Best of luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!