View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Angry Vet tech hurt Pippin (she's ok!!)

Pippin went in for her rabies shot this morning. Dr. Jones' tech, Cindy, had to have emergency surgery last night so they had called in some other woman to fill in while Cindy's out.

She was going to take Pippin in the back to weigh her on the baby scales, get a fecal, take her temp and trim her nails. When I handed Pippin to her, she held her in one hand out away from her body. Pippin is a normal wiggly squirmy 18 week old puppy and immediately flung herself out of the tech's hand! She was dropping head first to the hard tile floor when I caught her little body, hanging upside down in my hands. Thank GOD, the tech hadn't moved away from me before this happened or my baby girl would've been hurt bad. I'm still shaking and feeling like I'm going to throw up. It was too close. Any idiot who's ever had or been around a puppy knows you just can't hold them that way.

Then, stupid me, I gave her back to the tech and let her go off with Pippin. When she brought Pippin back, she was complaining about how much Pippin wiggled when she was clipping her nails. That's when I noticed Pippin's paws were all bloody and covered in that powder stuff!!! That woman had clipped almost every single nail too short and hurt my baby!!

I can take a lot, but not this idiot and the way she treated my little girl. I opened the door to the back area and told Dr. Jones that I needed to talk to him, alone, NOW. He was very upset and do apologetic. I told him that woman was a danger and he'd be best to send her home now, then I left.

Where did they find this idiot??? Don't vets screen better than that??!?!

Sorry for the long rant. Pippin seems just fine now, but I'm still feeling shaken.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!