View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
couturerose
Yorkie Talker

Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiSpice2 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I think at this point I will be making an apt with another vet. I actually go to this vet b/c they have emergency after hours but I just do not trust them anymore and I think they just glazed over this. Plus, they never told me there could be such a reaction to this vaccine. I originally went in for only one vaccine but since she was due they administered both. Knowing what I know now, I should not have allowed this. Stella is super lethargic still and not eating/drinking as much as usual. She may be tired from the benedryl...they have me giving her 1/2 a pill every 8 hours so she is super sleepy. What worries me the most is she keeps shaking her head every few minutes when she is awake. Or she will rub her face/ears on the floor. I had them check her ears and they were red inside but they said it was from the reaction to the vaccine. I did see a difference after they gave her benadryl/cortisone...before that her head shaking was so violent they were afraid she would burst blood vessels in her ears which would require surgery to drain. Thankfully it is not so violent now and I dont think that will happen.
I am also going to look into a vet that deals with titers. I do not want Stella to go through this again...after reading about Brandi...I cant even imagine something like that. sooo awful
Thank you all again!!!

Im so sorry to hear that your going through this. This really hits home I took my baby Couture to the vet on wed for her puppy shots and was unaware of the effects of giving puppy shots and rabies shot on the same day. My baby was very sleepy and limp and would cry when I would touch the site she got the injection. I then took her to the emergency and they gave her Cortisone shot and I declined the benadryl since she was already sleepy I didnt want to make it any worst. When we got home I gave her Nutrical and water followed by a spoon of soft blue buffalo food. Within a few hours she was more responsive and went potty then she started to eat somemore on her own. On thursday I gave her the cortisone orally and she has been playing all morning now its Friday and as of now she is back to her old self. Even with reading all the reviews about vaccines its hard to follow the do's and don't about this kind of stuff You just have know your baby and take control over the vet mine received an ear full since I originally told them that I didnt want her to get the rabies shot now and I was talked into it. We all stand to learn trust your gut. Keep us posted we will pray for your baby.
couturerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!