View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezypeasey View Post
I always value the advice I get here. Penny is being spayed tomorrow and I just can't decide if I want to get her microchipped and if I want to do the Oravet treatment. I know the Oravet can be purchased outside the vet office but does the first treatment have to be put on by them? As far as microchipping...is this really effective? She is pad trained therefore doesn't go out other than the occasional walk.

It's just that the spay is $400 without these services attached and to be honest in these times I just am trying to be mindful of the cost however, Penny is very special to me and I don't want money to be the reason something happens later.

Any help would be so appreciated as her spay is tomorrow.

;-) Thanks so much!
Pam
Hi Pam, not sure if I can be of that much help. Here in the UK we microchip puppy early with 2nd/3rd injections depending on size of puppy. I have my pups microchipped early, it's just my way of comforting myself, if they ever were to get lost, heaven forbid they would be (hopefully) checked with the chip reader and returned to me! Our vets charge £80 - £100 for spaying/neutering here, which is about $140-$150 dollars, $400 is alot? but if she is going to be put to sleep anyways, why not have the chip installed at the same time, so she won't have to go through it again.

Hope this helps Anita
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!