View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

The way I see it-- we all (for the most part) have to work. It's normal to have an 8 hour a day job and nearly everyone that has a dog makes it work. Just because you're getting a new job, doesn't mean a dog can't be included in your life. As a matter of fact, I would say 95 percent of the people I know who own dogs work 8hr shifts. It's just a fact of life.

I will say, as a puppy, they require a lot more work. Probably shouldn't leave a little puppy for 8hrs a day but if they are pee-pad trained, it's not like they have to hold it. But beware to be awaken in the middle of the night, and just be like having a newborn baby really. When you are home, they are going to require a lot of your time and attention. I do think that maybe in your situation, a young adult may be best. As long as you can provide mental stimulation, training, exercise, discipline and affection to a dog... you can own one.

Do you really not have ANY dogwalkers where you live? You can usually always find a high school or college student looking to make a few extra bucks, or a neighbor. Any family or close friends?

Good luck!

Last edited by Britster; 09-09-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!