View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I agree with you, actually. Vets need to make money, too. And they sacrifice a lot of time and schooling to become one. From what I hear, it's even harder to get into vet school than med school. Plus, with being a vet, you need to know ALL animals inside and out, whereas human doctors only need to know one mammal: the human.

However, I will say I disagree with a few things. Not all vets are like this obviously. But I feel they DO overcharge for meds (flea/tick, heartworm, etc). And little things bother me: when Jackson came up limping earlier this year, and it ended up being Lymes, the first thing the vet did was immediately take him to the back and get x-rays. We barely talked, it was just go get x-rays. Well, those x-rays were over $100 a piece, and she did two angles of his one leg. Then when nothing was wrong... she then decides to do the Lyme test. OK, a $40 test could have fixed my dog, yet it ended up being a $400 vet visit. All she would have had to do was that test FIRST, then still if nothing came up wrong, THEN do x-rays. But of course she was trying to make money for her practice. That kind of stuff irritates me, then again all businesses will try to make as much money as possible, so I suppose it should be expected.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!