View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
gingerbabe2010
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Some people have asked me for instructions on making "Albums" for their profile page. An album is simply a place to group your favorite pictures. You can create several albums, some of your dogs, some of pictures used for creating you profile page, and some Albums might contain Welcome pictures, " animated gifs" and "comments" to give others for their profile page.

There are two places in which you can add an Album. The first is located on your profile page. To get to your profile page, simply press on your YT name in the top right hand corner of the page where it says, "welcome, Your Name. Once you are on your Profile Page, on far right side of the page toward the middle it says, "Add Album" select this, and it takes you to another page, and asks you for the Album name. Select a name for your album and type in the place provided. Next, it asks you to select the "type" of album it will be. You can only select one for each Album. If you select "Public" any forum member will be able to look at the pictures. If you select "private", only people on your friends and contact list, as well as admin will be able to see it. If you select "profile", no one but you and admin will be able to see it.

"Profile" is good for those albums that you want to keep private as well as those pictures that are used for making your profile page, for example, background paper. When making your profile page, these pictures will automatically come up as "choices" for the different areas of you profile page. There are about 5 areas of the profile page where a "picture" or background paper can be used, and the pictures stored in an Album marked "profile" will automatically be offered as a choice when doing your page. After you have selected the type of album you want, and a title, it will take you to another page where you can upload pictures from your computer. You can upload three pictures at a time. You can rename your pictures and save them. The first picture is automatically chosen as the default picture for the album cover, but you can change this by selecting another picture. You can continue uploading pictures to this album or create new albums. The page where the pictures are uploaded will give you information on how much storage you have available.

The only albums displayed on your page are the albums that are listed as Public. You will see your other albums, but others won't. Your profile page only shows two albums. The last picture you uploaded is one of the albums that will be displayed if it is "public." There is no way to move the order of the pictures, once they are uploaded, you can change names, but not the order so when you upload them remember the first picture will show up last.

You can then go to an album and select one of the pictures, this will take you to another page where the "URL code" and "BB code" is given, select the "BB code" if you want to put the picture or "animated gif" on someone's profile page. Just copy the BB code and paste on someone's page. If you want to "Link" the picture on the profile page or general forum threads use the "URL code". If you want the picture to show up in the regular forum page, and not just a link, you have to upload it from the regular forum thread.

To upload a picture on the regular forum, and not someone's profile page, go to "post reply" located at the bottom of the thread page. Underneath where you type the message, you will see the words, "Manage Attachments." Select this, and another "menu" will appear. Upload pictures from your computer or a photo-hosting site. Photos must be Jpeg, png, jpg or gif files, and no bigger than 200 KB. For resizing pictures, here is a free program: Download IrfanView. The best picture sizes to use for attachments is either 640 by 480 pixels or 800 by 600 pixels.

If you already have an album, go to the place where it says, "Show All Albums" click on this, and it takes you to a page that shows all your albums, and in the top left hand corner you will see the words, "Add Album" click on this to add more Albums. You can also, select one of the Albums to "edit" from this page, select the album you wish to "edit" click on it, and in the top right section, it gives you the option to edit album, where you can change the title or description, or properties of an album, or you can choose "edit pictures" where you can change the titles of your pictures. You can delete pictures, or whole albums from this area.

The second place to add in album is located toward the top of each page next to "User CP" is says, "All Albums." You can select this, and it will take you to a place where all albums that are public are displayed. Look for the words, "Add Album" and you proceed as instructed above. It doesn't make any difference if you add your albums here or from your profile page. They will be displayed the same way wherever you choose to do it. The only difference is that only "public" albums will be displayed here, but you can upload any album from this spot.

Thx for the help! I got it but the puppy pic i had on the left hand side under my name dissappeared when i uploaded the pics for the album. where did it go and how do i get it back? It has a little pic of it on the right hand side where it says mini status but i wanted the bigger pic on the left side like it was before. Also how do I put and add a background on my profile? Again thx for the help! Can u help me again plz? Much appriciated!
gingerbabe2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!