View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
Madraga
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
How old is your dog~? Have you done any behavior classes with him/her~? Have you ever given a treat to your dog~? Or a bone, or bring a toy or something special to him/her when you come home~? What about trying to play ball with the dog and when he/she brings it back to you, give a treat. Any of these things would help you bond with the dog. A dog is like a kid and you have to give your dog that attention a kid needs. I am no expert, but this is what I have learned thru owning my first dog. Mine needs a lot of attention. In the beginning he had issues of being by himself when I left in the mornings, so I would keep a radio on when gated him up. He never liked being crated when I left, but at night he was fine with it while I was around.

i don't really know how old she is. the person i got it from said she's 7 months old. but i think she's older than that. she's also very skinny, her fur isn't silky as how some people describe yorkie fur and it's sort of thinning. she's not balding but her fur isn't thick. She's a bit jumpy and nervous all the time. So she's scared of almost anything like balls and stuff. I found she likes cheese slices, so I would feed her that but she's afraid to eat it from my hand, i dunno how to explain it but she'll eat the cheese but she'd have her hind legs far from me as if ready to run away in case something bad happens. I don't think she trusts me at all. she has trust issues with all of us but she follows the helpers around. the ones who gave her her first bath when she arrived at my place. she follows them around but when they make sudden movements or try to bend down to carry her she tries to hide, not run away but she hides. she doesn't growl, she doesn't run around when you try to play chase with her. she doesn't chew on anything either.

when we're alone in a room she'll walk around the room and whenever i call her she'll just ignore me and keep walking. then she'll find a spot to sleep on. i'd bring in this rectangular plastic basket that i placed a towel in, she knows she can sleep there and she does sometimes when i offer it to her a few times. i'd pet her and tell her she's been a good dog and she'll sleep. whenever she's asleep, i try not to disturb her coz i think she likes to sleep a lot. i think around me she sleeps a lot. when she's around the helpers she sleeps and follows them around and is quite content. she's not restless.

i'm sort of afraid that there's no way of breaking this coz she's on the stubborn side. she ignores me when she sees the helpers around. i stay home all day and bring her out to walk and stuff but i don't bring her out in public coz i'm afraid she'll get nervous coz she's nervous around my family and i.
Madraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!