View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoonyorkies View Post
Thanks! I wish he would gain some weight. At the moment he's maintaining and not losing...so that's good. I may start giving a teeny-tiny bit more Esbilac to se if it makes a difference. Don't want to over do it though.
There was thread here on YT before about the use of Esbilac. It was found to have high concentrations of copper and less nutrients than specified. Here's a link with some info..... FDA finds Petag's Esbilac and KMR formulas responsible for death of kittens, puppies, wildlife and exotic babies.

I, and many other breeders here, use goat's milk when hand feeding babies. It is very nutritious and digestible and is closer to Mother's milk than any commercial formula. I use a can of condensed goat's milk w/ equal parts water and add a little karo in for each feeding.

The digestive system is very sensitive on the tiny babies and I think the goat's milk is a better choice for that reason alone, regardless of any problems with Esbilac's quality.

Best of luck with Little Charlie. My, he is a tiny one. Probably your two biggest concerns at this time are keeping him warm and giving him a formula that will help him thrive. I highly recommend switching to goat's milk as many of us have had excellent results using it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!