View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
wattocs
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help about allergies

Hi,

My yorkie keeps on scratching her muzzle/nose area and sometimes she scratches it too much that it bleeds. And she's loosing some of her hair in that area due to scratching.

I went to the vent 2 weeks ago to have it checked, and she was positive for yeast infection. She was given a shot of ivermectin and was prescribed with an anti-bacterial medicine.

Sad to say nothing changed, she still keeps on scratching. I went to the vet yesterday to have a follow up checkup, and she was still positive for yeast. So she was given a shot of ivermectin, anti-bacterial medicine and ketoconazole tablets for her yeast. The vet told me that she might have allergy issues which in turn gets her infected with yeast.

I've decided to start looking into dog food allergies and was wondering for the best way to do the elimination diet. Based in my research, I should only feed her with dog foods that only have 1 main ingredient? I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can give me suggestions as to what dog food would be the optimal choice with 1 main ingredient for the elimination diet.

Thanks in advance everyone. Any help would be great.

I've attached a picture of her. Her name is Yuuki. If you look closely on her muzzle/nose area, on the left side, she has thinning hair and a healing wound.
wattocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!