View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Darlene68
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
can you have someone else hold him while you clip the nails? you need them to have a secure hold on the dog so he can't wiggle or bite. have the person sit on the floor with the dog in his lap or place the dog on a table and have the person stand at its side. put one arm over the back and under the belly/chest and the other arm under the neck and around the head/neck area. then secure the dog snugly against the person's chest so the dog can't move. you should be able to trim the nails now. for extra help you can also place a towel over the dog first, then hold in the same manner but make sure the eyes are covered. sometimes this helps.
Thanks, I will have to get my boyfriend to help hold him and see if that does the trick, Do you mean to wrap him berrito style with the paws out? I use to have to do this for a rabbit that I had, every time I cut his nails I would have to wrap him in a towel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little mama View Post
How about distracting him with yummy treats? Allie tolerated grooming but if I take too long on one area, she gets restless, annoyed... so I give her favorite treats
Jesse is really a fussy eater, I am currently searching for a treat that he will love, but haven't found it yet! Any suggestions?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!