View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Peek a Boo is 13 years 9 months old. Rescued at 5 YO from the Humane Society. Has eaten just about every food out there... is currently on Life's Abundance... acts like a puppy.

For your baby... I know you've been to the vet, has she been Bile Acid Tested? Maybe run some bloodwork on her.. If her behavior is abnormal in any way... I would have her back to your vet or a second opinion with a different vet. At her age, you don't want to overlook anything. Is she eating and growing properly?
Her vet hasn't tested her bile acid; do I have to request to have it done? She's growing properly and acts spunky and playful, but only in 30 minute intervals for 2 hours a day. Otherwise she wanders around and sleeps, but I was expecting a spunkier puppy. It's fine if that is how she is (she's been consistent since we got her), but I would think more energy would keep her healthy in the long run. She goes to the vet for grooming tomorrow, so I will ask them if they can run a test on her, or if I can make an appointment ASAP. She is like my 3rd child, so I want to take every precaution to keep her healthy and thriving with our family for a long time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!