View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default How do you know when you're ready

I know this probably sounds like a no-brainer question - but I'm going to ask it anyway.
How did those of you with more than one fur-baby know that you were ready to add to your "fur-family"?
I would love to add to our family. Bridget will be 1 in October and I would love to find a fur-kid (not necessarily a puppy). The same reason I would like another is the same reason I'm not sure. I just LOVE my little girl - she has been so much fun and added so much life to my home that I would like to add another. But at the same time I love her so much - will I love another the same? Does that sound crazy? I remember wondering that when I was pregnant with my son (I hope that doesn't sound awful) I wanted him and we tried for him - but then I got worried that it wouldn't be the same the second time. But of course it was - I love him just as much!!
I look at Bridget and think how much fun she would have playing someone her own size and energy level - then I worry that she'll have a hard time adjusting because she is so spoiled. I'm sure (actually hoping) that she would adjust - but I don't want to cause any upset to her.

What are everyones thoughts -
1.) How did you know it was the right thing to do - and did your first baby adjust quickly or have a difficult time?
2.) Is it better to add a male if the first is a female - or doesn't it really make a difference?
3.) Would the same age be better - or do you think they adjust better to a baby
4.) Is there a time frame that you would consider "too soon" to bring another in.
5.) Bridget is the "boss" around here - even to the 3 cats - will that make a difference as to age and/or sex of the next one?

Sorry for playing "20 questions", but I really want to do this right - so there is less stress on everyone. What better place to get honest opinions than here! Thanks for your input!

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!