View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
a2luckygirl
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamers Mom View Post
The problem, as I see it, is this paragraph:

"The proposed ordinance would ban all stores from auctioning, selling, bartering, giving away or delivering dogs and cats. Those who breed animals would not be affected by the proposal. It would also allow individuals who are purchasing a pet to visit the breeding site and see the conditions in which the animals are being raised."

How is that going to curb the puppy mills? The breeders aren't going to be affected by the proposal.
Many of them advertise on the net and will ship their dogs anywhere.

yes i agree- and St louis Airport is only 25-30 miles from Wentzville- straight down Interstated 70! but no store can buyn from- or sell pups from a mill or no puppies can be delivered in Wentzville! and 1 town is better than 0- and we need to start somewhere!

pet stores are a big customer of puppy mills,and or brokers- from what i understand-also they cannot deliver puppies to ppl who have purchased one on line- almost forcing new owers to go to the place of breeding- which in many cases whould not be a good thing!

no- i agree- it will not stop them- but it will make it a hassel to sell their puppymill babies in that place!
just need more done to stop them
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!