View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
carissa_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default what are your opinions? :)

So rex went in for a bile acid test a few days ago. these are the results

Befor 23 high normal 7
After 66 high normal 22

The reason i took him in to the vet in the first place was because he was having diarrhea and he threw up once and was eating very little. so they ran a full blood work...spec cPL , geriatric panel and urinalysis. they put him on metronidazole 50mg for 5 days and ProGut for 5 days also. so the blood work cam back with everything normal except his white blood count was high and lis liver enzymes were high. and then i went back in for the bile acid test.

his urine came back with some crystals but the vet said they are not the type of crystals you usually see with a liver shunt.

the next step my vet suggested a ultrasound to determent a liver shunt. oh and they also ant to take a sample of his liver by an injection but first they said they would do a blood clotting test?

he has aslo lost some weight last time he got weight he was 4 lbs and when he went in this time he lost almost a whole pound . He just turned a year august 5th

so i have been cooking for him and he has been eating all of his food! so i think i will continue doing this from now on!

can any one tell me what bile acid test means? does it mean he has a shunt? or what else could this mean?

thank you!

Last edited by carissa_; 09-05-2010 at 11:56 AM.
carissa_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!