View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

This is the Agility and Obedience forum, for housebreaking you should post on the "Training forum". Training - YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community See this thread: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/tra...ebreaking.html, and read the rules. The website I have linked offers excellent suggestions. You really need to start from scratch, if you carpet is ruined, it means you haven't been cleaning every accident with an enzyme cleaner, so Ziggy thinks the carpet is a giant pee pad. I think I would retrain Ziggy to go on pee pads, but this means starting at step one and following the advice exactly. You really need to clean the items with an enzyme cleaner and again, follow the directions, otherwise nothing you do will work. There are black lights you can purchase that will show you the urine stains, because some are invisible to the naked eye. If a dog smells any urine, he has a biological need to mark it. Also has Ziggy been fixed, some of this may be due to marking, not just urine.

Join today and remove this ad!