View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
jpcjoe2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help!!! I am ready to give up my dog!!

I welcome all suggestions.

Ziggy is 2 1/2 years old male and has been with me since he was 4 months old. During this time it has not been possible to house train him. I have tried everything and can just not take away. Today I discovered that he has peed all over a $1200 chair. My white carpet is ruined and he has peed on the couches as well.
I am currently not working and I take Ziggy out approximately 5 - 6 times a day. He does let me know he has to go, but he is still relieving himself wherever he sees fit. I am sure you ask why I let him roam free. I try not to, I have a barricade which he routinely knocks down. If left in the crate he will relieve himself. I've even tried to put food in the crate, but he still goes. He just move away from it. I tried trainers here in Michigan, but they only took my money. I concede the problem is probably mine and the dog's. The catch is I have gotten a job in a new state. I will be away from home at least 10 hours a day. I can't leave him home and I can't afford daycare.

I love this dog and he loves me. I don't know what to do. Can anyone suggest a reputable trainer in the Alexandria, Louisiana area? If not, does anyone know how I can get him adopted to a good family who knows how to work with him.
jpcjoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!