View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
BacisMom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Update

Thanks to everyone who responded! Thats why I love it here!

Yesterday I called the vet and asked them about Bacis behavior and they wanted to see him so I brought him back in. They gave him liquids because he was dehydrating and then gave him meds to calm his stomack along with prescription food to put him on for a couple days. She did take him of the antibiotic for his anal gland until we fixed the upset stomach. He didnt have a fever but my little cookie monster wouldnt even eat a cookie!

She said if he kept vomiting I would have to bring him to the emergency vet because no one is open sunday and monday.

Luckily the meds helped calm his stomach. He ate the cookie I tried to give him in the morning to get him to eat something. He hid it in his bed for later pickings. :-) So when he started to come around and i took him out i realized it was gone. So then I gave him a tablespoon of the food and he ate it.

He has been drinking and eating. Still not his "normal" self but thats understandable after not feeling well and dry heaving all morning. Today is a little better and it seems we are on the right track. Still keeping him on the precrip food until tomorrow and then we will restart antibiotic tuesday!

Thanks for all your input I really appreciate it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!