View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Steelygirl1
Yorkie Talker

Default Agression toward other dogs

Hello,

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. It's not my dog... My Chompie is an absolute sweetie. My question is this... My mom has a 3 year old Bichon and is so smitten with my dog that she is planning on getting a yorkie soon too..

Anyway, Her 3 year old girl is as sweet as can be to people but is very dog agressive. She is in the tiny side for a bichon... she weighs only 7 pounds but I'm worried about mom bringing a puppy into the house. She is thinking of putting herself on a waiting list now so I was hoping she'd have time to find out if there is anything to do to help or if it is just not a good idea. I've never seen her dog bite.. only show her teeth and growl until recently... My daughter stepped in and picked her up to get her away from my brother's new puppy.. (who is a 6 month old Min Pin.. also tiny) and she bit my daughter's hand. ..she was trying to bite the puppy.. I explained to my daughter not to get in the middle of that sort of thing... She didn't chomp down hard.. just really nipped but the growling and snarling is very scary!

Anyone have any ideas? Can a dog who is already set in her ways and pretty aggressive toward other dogs be in a home with a new puppy? Is there a way to introduce them? I suggested gating the puppy so the older dog can smell and growl and get used to the idea that this puppy is here to stay... (she's going to crate train)

Thanks!

Donna S.
(still sort of a newbie to YT)
Steelygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!