Thread: To CKC or not?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamers Mom View Post
There really is no benefit to sending in the certificate and registering her with CKC.

I bought Beamer from a reputable breeder. Both his parents are AKC. I bought him last year just before he turned a year old. I bought him as a pet with the understanding I would not get papers with him.
Had I got papers with him I probably would not have registered him, as I didn't buy him to show or to be a stud. I had him neutered. Registering him would not have been of any benefit to me at all.
I always encourage pet owners to register their dogs, Joey was sold on a limited registration, meaning I had no breeding rights, but I registered him to show support for the AKC. It's only $20.00, and your dog goes down in history. The AKC is the only registry that does routine unannounced kennel inspections, and if more pet owners would register their dogs, pet owners would have a bigger say-so on AKC policies. Also, it helps keep breeders honest. Some breeders tell you that your dog is eligible, but when people go to sign up, they find out that this was not true. You would have recourse if you had a contract saying this was an AKC eligible dog.

Join today and remove this ad!