View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
BacisMom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Poor Baci..sorry so long

So its been awhile since I have had to start a post in this forum, but I need your help.

The other day Baci started shaking his head and itching a lot. I recently have been volunteering at an animal shelter and was afraid I brought something home. Even though he is on preventative, I searched him for fleas and mites.
Nothing came up.

So while I was at work, he threw up and my dad got worried and had my mom take him to the vet.

He has the startings of ear infections and one of his anal glands was infected. (mind you he was JUST at the vet for his exam 2 weeks ago today and was perfectly fine)
My mom mentioned the once he threw up to her and everything. He is acting normal.
The vet gave him ear drops and an antibiotic called Simplicef.

When I came home with him I gave him his meds, and he ate a tiny bit. We went outside and he was going crazy eating peices of grass. Early this morning he threw up all that grass. (He is still acting normal)
He has continued to eat grass so I have been keeping him inside. However, he wont eat his food or even treats and has now thrown up a couple more times, but almost like dry heaving because nothing is really coming out, just a little liquid.

I feel so aweful and I am not sure what to do. It is the long weekend so vet help will be tough. Have any of you experienced these symptoms with these meds or ear infections or anything??

Any help would be apppreciated.

ps. He has never had any anal glad problems at all. I know its common in yorkies but why now?and not earlier.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!