View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydeHaviland View Post
Yes his gums are pink

Has not had diarrhea since sometime overnight, and has not vomited in last 2 hours. Hopefully he's starting to come out of this.
Diahrrea is not uncommon after anaesthesia. Often when taking any of mine in for some sort of surgery including dentals I have them put on IV's and pay the extra for it. Gives me piece of mind.
Some Vet clinics use IV's automatically it is not an option. Some don't It is something you can ask about when you book and certainly they will if you request it.
For simple neuters I don't unless the dog is a smaller one. Neuters are pretty quick and they are not under long. Dentals and spays can take a while so are under longer.
Pedialyte is great to have on hand when they come home. It helps settle diahrrea and brings the appetite back. It is an electrolyte available at your local drugstore, baby section. read the label to be sure it doesn't contain an artificial sweetener. Oddly enough, generic names end up being the best,they are usually sweetened with a little sugar or fructose or a natural fruit sugar.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!