View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Signmom99
Yorkie Talker

Default Help with bathing & brushing PLEASE!!

Ok, so puppy is 11 wks. I have attempted a bath once so far. DISASTER!! He hated it. I used the kitchen sink and he clawed at me to get out the whole time. So, tell me if you think this a better approach.

I figured I could start by putting him in the bath tub with just a 1/2" of water and none running. Let him get his feet wet, walk around, etc. and then take him out. No trauma. Maybe do that nightly for a few days or so. Also increase the amount of water a little each night. I don't have a sprayer in the tub, but figured when time to use shampoo can use a large cup or something instead. After the first bath I gave him he shook something terrible afterward. Is that from being cold or from being scared? Is there anything I can do so my poor baby will not mind getting a bath?

Should I put cotton in his ears to keep the water from going in there?

THEN, he also does not like to be brushed he's kind of a weenie when it comes to tangles & such!! But, I may also be using the wrong kind of brush/comb. Since I plan on bathing and eventually grooming myself, do you have any suggestions for brushes/combs? I won't keep him in a long coat so it would be something that would work for a puppy type cut.
Signmom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!