Thread: Whelping Box?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
My husband build me some bottomless whelping boxes and I really love them. I have attached some pictures of them. I just lay out the bedding, with the heating pad on one side and I sit the box on top. No worries about the pups getting lost in the bedding. I will put a small fleece blanket in the box so mom can cover the pups if she wants to. The biggest problem with these boxes is that they do not store well but I discovered that I can stand them on one end and stack two together to make a shelf when they are not in use. One of the boxes I had my husband put posts on it so I can put a sheet over it for more privacy. I used that box for a female I had that was terrified of thunderstorms and it made her feel safer when a sheet was over the box. If someone was talented, you could actually make the box with hinges so it could be folded up when not in use.
Hi bjh,
I used to have look alike boxes that my husband built to me... but i found my self replacing them often for the porous wood got "dingy"... i am not sure how you deal with that ... he came about with the idea of doing the same design cut on the plastic bin. I like what you say , no worries about the puppies getting tangled on the sheets... i had that worry with the plastic bins, now i bought a few of those sheep-skin crate beds that fit just to perfection and that has been my choice of bedding... i can toss them on the washer daily .
But isn't it nice when hubby steps in to help ? they can do so nice things with the power tools.
I guess the Op has a nice picture of a safe area now
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!