View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
cally930
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I give treats also. With my first yorkie, I used to give her the miniature gold fishes. My kids loved them, they were in the house, so I thought it was a good treat to give the puppy. Not sure how nutritionally sound that idea was, but it worked. She was fully trained by 8 months.

Realistically, you can't expect any major improvements from a puppy - and really - you can't start training until they are about 4 months old. I read somewhere though that treats are not really recommended because the puppy will go just for the treat - and not really finish - just so they could get the treat. And then when they get back inside realize they hadn't really finished - and then finish inside.

My little boy who is 7 months old seems to be just a little bit more difficult to housebreak. I give him the Bil Jac Little Jacs. Don't think that they are very nutritional either. Someone on YT pointed out that it contains a lot of by products. I think its also giving them bad breath. I will try and get the Zuke's next time I'm at the pet store - or maybe go back to the fishes - LOL! Good luck!
cally930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!