View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
0w3n
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default septicemia and meningitis

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, we only got Penelope 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I woke up yesterday morning and seen that Penelope was lying very awkwardly, out of her bed and her neck was at a right angle to her body.

I thought nothing of it and moved her.
I took her outside a few mins later to relieve herself as we are still housebreaking her.

When I put her down in her usual spot she collapsed, she is a bit of a sleepy head so I just called her to try wake her up.

That's when I realised there was something wrong, I called her name but she only moved her eyes to look at me and the all her legs stretched out and her head moved to a very strange angle.

I rushed her to the vet right away, turns out she has septicemia and that turned to meningitis.

She was completely fine the night before, she was a bit off her food and drink on Saturday.

The Vet told me yesterday that she was very close to death and she had a 100/1 shot she was going to make it through the night.

Went to see her in the vets this morning and she's after fighting it off, we can get her back tomorrow.

Just wanted to post this incase someone has to go through what my girlfriend and I and of course Penelope went through in the last two days.

We had just about given up hope, maybe this will make things easier on someone having to go through.

Anyway just that we were so lucky, I wanted to share it with people who care about their little ones as much as we care about Penelope.

Thanks

Owen
0w3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!