Thread: Whelping Box?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
delicatepuzzle
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
You can use a plastick storage bin for a whelping box. One that your girl can get in and out of. Or the top half of a Veri Kennel, the plastic ones. Just make sure that your whelping box is in an enclosed area. I use to use a puppy play pen. It's up off the ground. I now have converted a crib into the whelping area. I replaced the mattress with plywood. Lined the whole thing with plexi-glass, place pish pads on the bottom. Placed a whelping box inside of that. Made a ruffle that ties and goes around the entire crib. My girls don't like anyone looking at their puppies. Also, drilled a water hole for the water bottle. Don't use water dishes, pups can drown in them.
I see your words of advice all the time. I was hoping you'd reply. So you don't think I should spent money on one of those little whelping/doggie houses/beds? My friends mom used a wicker basket and her bathroom for two litters. Do you have an area where your girls can get out without the puppies? Would you mind sending me a picture? Water bottle (check). What about a heating pad? No one's suggested that yet (ive been talking to breeders via phone). Still looking for a local mentor. Ella goes into heat in December. So I still have time. Although I've been looking for a good local mentor for 1.5 year now.
delicatepuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!