Thread: Whelping Box?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatepuzzle View Post
Does everyone use a whelping box? If not what else do you use? does anyone have a whelping box they'd be willing to sell to me?
I use the plastic bins, the ones you can store clothes for the season? I have my husband cut a hole , like a door entrance on one of the sides so momma can get in and out, also he drills another tiny hole on the back near the very bottom, so the electrical cord of the heating pad can go "out" of the box. I keep the cap , so you can give your girl a safe , enclosed private den, but also can remove the cover and see everything from the top . I use the biggest one i can get ... make sure if you make one like mine, the "door entrance" is high enough so your puppies will not drop from it when they start moving around, ... i had hubby cut off too low once and had to throw it away as puppies were "swimming off " from it ... hehe...
It works well for me, water and food dishes are left outside of this box and away from puppies, as well as a pee-pee-pad in case mommy needs to use it.
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!