View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Just my opinion, but I think you are confusing him with the pads. You are allowing him to go in the house. He may not understand or got the connection that you only will allow him when he goes on the pad. All he knows is that you will let him go in the house and then you will get mad at him if he goes in the house. He's even tried to go on retangular shaped places like the pee pad (your now discarded rugs) and does not understand why you get mad, only that you do get mad.

I know it's uncomfortable to go pee and poo in the rain and cold weather. But you must force the issue, even if you have to take him out on leash and keep him out there until he does his business. (yes it will be uncomfortable for you too, but it will be well worth it in the future).

I think if the only acceptable place to go potty is outside, he will soon learn that there is no where in the house that he is allowed to go. Therefore, I would put the peepads up and never bring them out again. There should be only 2 places in your dogs mind. Inside and outside. He can then begin to discern what is acceptable "inside" and what is acceptable "Outside".
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!