View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I didn't think dogs could pee while they were being picked up!

I agree with whoever suggested that you take him for a walk as soon as he gets home. Maybe leave his harness on all day, so you just have to clip the leash on him and take him out.

Would your brother be willing to take him for a walk during the day? I believe you can get a dog walker for ~$10/hour... even a few times a week could help.

I've also seen a "toy timer" that basically works like a clock. Every hour it rotates, and whatever has been put in that hour's slot falls out. You could try treats or toys.

How about a frozen kong he can work on all day?

Finally, I don't think Prozac is such a bad idea. I think it's pretty cool that antidepressants work on both dogs and people, actually. If he is that unhappy, he deserves to feel better. You can discuss with your vet, but I'd imagine the Prozac would be a temporary measure until he adjusts.

Good luck! Please let us know how it works out.
I don't walk Kaji because where we live is very unsafe. There is usually nails, sharp tacks, and broken glass on the sidewalks. Plus, some thugs stole my car from here, for what I can only guess was drug money. There is no way in hell I'm letting them know I have a yorkie. The only safe way to walk him is to put him in the car and drive to another neighborhood.

That's why, instead of a walk, I immediately walk into the bathroom where his piddle pad is, and I ask him to go potty. Immediately after that, it's fetch time. It had been working so well for the past few months on the rare occasion that I left the house without him, or the three weeks when I was working and Kaji had no accidents. Last week, my 4th week of work, he had a few accidents. See why I'm perplexed?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!