View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Aw poor Kaji! And you! He must really miss you during the day. Can you come home for lunch and a visit? If not... call him or leave a message someone could play for him so he can hear your voice.

Try greeting him outside and maybe walk him first thing when you get home, before any making over him. Or greet and hug him on the ground so he doesn't have the opportunity to soil you. Or put the belly band on him before you pick him up.

I think his urinating is marking, he's trying to claim what he's feeling a loss of... you! My guy's been neutered for 9 years, and I got 3 girls within a year. If he's not getting enough attention from me... he furiously will mark everywhere... to let me and the girls know this is still his house! When it was just me and him, he slept the whole time I was gone.

Is there a doggy daycare he could go to 2-3 times a week? Just until he adjusts? Or a friend with another Yorkie that could keep him a few days a week? Just to keep his mind occupied and maybe allow him more mental and physical stimulation while you're at work?

And, yes, a vet check first to rule out anything medical...

Hope all goes well today...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!