View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Welcome. I'm a fellow Floridian, living in Palm Bay. I have a pek (almost 13 years old) and two yorkies (20 months and 7 months). All three of mine potty outside. I've never used the pads. I have a big umbrella and walk them outside when its raining. The two older ones will hold it forever before they go out with me...but my youngest looks at me like I'm crazy, then just runs outside and goes and runs back in. When she was smaller (adopted at 10 weeks/8 oz), I used a superyard xt for a potty pen outside (used on both yorkies). I put her in it and didn't let her out until she went. She soon realized that she could get out when she went. I also put one of those big yard umbrellas in the pen for the rain and sun. I didn't put the extension on it, so it was closer to the ground and protected them more. So far, it's worked for me. We haven't gone thru the hurricane thing with the yorkies yet, but I think if we stay home we will probably put down the pads in a room or puppy pen for their use. If we do end up taking them out, I'm going to use a lease so they don't fly away! lol

It's really not bad potty training them in FL. Don't forget to post pics of your new baby. Can't wait to see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ally Tia 2.jpg (47.1 KB, 15 views)
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!