View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
AdrienneMP
Yorkie Talker

Default Need serious potty advice

I'm fairly new to YT, and first would like to say hello to everyone. I'll be getting my first Yorkie next month (so excited) and have been doing a TON of research trying to make sure that everything goes right. My b/f says I'm obsessed but hey there's nothing wrong with making sure your very prepared, right?

My dilemma I have though is, I live in Florida and as you know it rains ALOT this time of year, specially with hurricane season lasting until November. Will it be harder to potty train outside when the weather is crappy? I really didn't want to pee pad train her, b/c of all the stories I read about people having problems switching their babies f/m pee pads to just outdoors. Ultimately I want her to go potty just outside (I know it will take time), but my question is if thats my goal should I only train her outside despite the weather? I have clothes and jackets for her and know that she has to be throughly dried if she does get wet b/c she can get sick, catch chill, etc. I'm torn though b/c I myself don't even like to go in the rain for a minute, so I could imagine how uncomfortable it would be to go to the bathroom in it. I'm just afraid that doing both will confuse her, or when she sees a carpet her thinking that its a giant pee pad. I feel like I've pretty much covered all my other bases, I just really need some serious advice on this one!!
AdrienneMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!