View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Fatalivy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
He either dosn't know better, or he does now better but cannot hold it. Mine will have an occasional accident, but the don;t like it.

it could be that he has just gotten into this habit. Perhaps before you got him they were kept in a small crate and had to sleep and poop in the same place, so never learned fany better.

Do you free feed? You might need to not allow him to eat afte 5 pm. Do you take him out first thing in the morning, as soon as your feet hit the floor? My guess is, he is going early in the morning as soon as he wakes up, and that is why he doesn't go when you let him out, because he just went in his crate.

You might want to use a larger pen with a pee pad at one end.

But please don't think he is doing it for spite. Either he doesn't know better because the breeder kept them in a small crate, or he just cannot hold it.

Sometimes it is a challenge to figure it out, but you need to just keep trying different things. he wants to please you, he just doesn't know how.
I do not free feed them. Are you saying not to feed him twice a day or just not feed him after 5 and maybe push his time up earlier? And I don't think he is doing it out of spite. He really is a very good dog. Wouldn't trade neither of them for anything.
Fatalivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!