View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Fatalivy
YT Addict

Nancy...Mason was in a crate that gave him just enough room to stand, turn around until a month ago when I got Paris and decided to try them both in one crate. I did not know they could not be crated together. I will say that his pooping in the crate has decreased from every night to maybe 3 times a week now that he is crated with Paris. So I thought this was progress. Guess that's not the case, huh:-) It never occurred to me that she would pick up that habit. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I do use an enzyme cleaner when cleaning up their mess. I don't make them wait that much longer. Sometimes instead of taking Paris out in 45 mins, I take her out in 1 hr and she does hold it that long. She also does nothing overnight during 8 hrs.,so she's not my issue. Mason goes out with her and does pee about every 4 hrs, so technically he's not being MADE to hold it. He just can go longer. When they are out of the crate, she is tethered to me and he just stays put and go where I go. He does not go all over the house. He usually just does it in the kitchen and the family room. And let me add, he poops on my carpet only once a week, so not TOO often, I just don't want it happeing at all. He doesn't really have the run of the house. Know what I mean? You have been very helpful. I will NOT let them sleep together any longer at night. If I get an x-pen, does it have to be just for him or can they be in it together? I actually had him gated off in a room with a pee pad at night for about 9 months after he constantly would shower himself with poop in his crate. LOL, but I really wanted to eventually have him in a crate at night and not in that room. He did use the pad in there, by the way. Thanks for your input.
Fatalivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!