View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

It will not mess up her mouth if the new ones come in before the baby teeth fall out. In fact, if her teeth are still in the process of coming in, I would delay the spay surgery. All of those baby teeth could very well fall out on their own when the adult teeth come in all of the way.

I wanted to get my girl spayed at 6 months, but some of her teeth were still coming in (the upper and lower canines), so I held off for a month to see what would happen. The lower adult canines came in on the inside of the jawline, and did eventually push out the baby canines and then the adult canines moved outward to where the baby canines had been. The upper canines were another matter, they came in all the way and the baby teeth weren't budging, so I went ahead with the spay and had them removed.

There is nothing wrong with waiting a bit (2 weeks or a month) to see if the teeth will fall out on their own. It is likely that most of them (if not all) will, and then you can as few that need to be extracted as possible.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!