Thread: Eukanuba??
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

I agree with the other posters. 1-3 times a day seems to be about normal; 5 might be a little excessive.

Could it be the kibble? Lets look at the ingredients. (I am assuming you are using the small breed puppy formula)
The top 5 are: Chicken, chicken by product meal, Corn meal, Ground whole grain Sorghum, and Chicken fat.

The first one I really do not see a huge problem with. However, chicken "By-Product" meal, is everything that comes from the chicken which is not otherwise used: such as beaks, feet, bones, etc.

The Corn and Sorghum being in the # 2 and #3 spot is a major issue. The company is tyring to use these two in combination to replace a complete protein, that should be coming from meat. Corn is used as feed for animals that graze along with Sorghum, not to mention that their main use is as a carbohydrate to "stabilize" the kibble such that it will retain shape and consistency.

Then chicken fat, well fat is needed however, I would prefer a fat that is healthier like one from salmon, which carries a dual nutritional purpose.

My thoughts; I personally think the corn and sorghum are probably the reason behind the 5 + bowl movements. I would try a higher quality food, with quality meats and less, if any, grains.

Best of luck in your choice!
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!