View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese1 View Post
I agree in positive reinforcement too and re-directing too!
I'm not sure how we would have handled a biting problem if we had one, we were really lucky in that regard, but since we crate at night I don't think it would have been the way we would have gone!
Funny how he would send himself to a time-out! Smart little guy!
He is a foster. I have had him for quite some time now. While he does still have some issues, he has come a long way! When I first got him, he was feral. Biting me...biting the other pups....leg hiking everywhere. Not exactly sure what made me do that..hahah! But...I can say that he is now a total love ... we just have to be careful and watch for things that might stress him. At night, if he is asleep near my feet and I move, he bites! Never draws blood .. but that may be because of the comforter because I DO feel it. As soon as he realizes what he has done, he puts his little head down and moves over away from my feet. It is something to watch. When everyone goes to bed, Matty looks around carefully to see where he wants to sleep...he really does know his limits! And, as I said, sometimes he simply gets off of the bed and gets in one of the crates to sleep.
ladyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!