Thread: Small DSLR
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Wish I had some experience with Olympus, but personally I just don't. However, I've heard great things about their cameras.

I was just looking at this camera via the Amazon link -- lightweight and small can be so nice! So, that's a real plus. It has "live view" - which is nice, as some people don't like using a viewfinder (and many DSLRs do not have live view). It has a decent sensor; looks like it has some nice "auto" features in terms of exposure (ie, the shadow adjustment, face detection etc).

One thing to look into/think about is the available lenses for the Olympus line. Once you buy a DSLR, you'll want more lenses...and I'm not sure how limited (and possibly more pricey) the Olympus-fit lenses are. Like, if you wanted a prime lens (fun fun fun!!!) so you could blow out your background -- I wonder how many are available to you.

Oh also...regarding lenses...you'd probably want to know if this camera has its lens focus motor on board (in the camera) OR are you required to buy lenses that have the focus motor inside the lens itself (this too means more expensive lenses).

Let us know what you decide !
Thanks Ann - I appreciate you looking at this for me because I have NO knowledge about cameras. I'll look into the different lens' and the motor thing. I'll post about it as soon as I learn something.

Thanks again
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!