View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Awesome ! When I worked for Medtronic (pacemaker/defib and all sorts of other things bio-tech company), I worked in the pacer/defib sales field. I carried pacers/defibs in the trunk of my car - and when we had "short dated" pacers (pacers soon-to-expire in the box...but still have lots of battery life) - we could either send them back up to corporate OR donate them to vet schools. Well of course, I always donated mine to U of W-Madison, as Madison was my territory when I worked there. Also, the cardio-vet will ask the Medtronic reps to check their patients, once the pacer is implanted. So, my FAVE part of the job was going to the vet school and using my special computer to check a doggie's implanted pacemaker/heart. Sooooooooo much more fun than going to the human hospitals and clinics .

Made me so happy to think of a dog who previously had some kind of a heart block, and a very low rate - now would get to have a normal heart rate. Cool.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!