View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #72
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLive View Post
Yep, I need to ask megansmomma how much sweet potatoe to try instead. He just won't eat the pineapple and when he does he throws up.

I was taking him out to go poopy, at least at my lunch break. He's too quick to catch for first thing in the morning. As soon as his little paws hit the floor, he must GO!

Anyway, when I started taking him outside (and I had this problem a few months ago) he seems to have trouble using the pee pads in the house.

I think it's because outside he can go wherever he wants. So then that's the attitude he takes when inside. He seems to not be able to differentiate between the two.

Although like Max, he'd leave the poopy alone if it was outside, I can't afford for him to not use the pee pads inside my home.
I think I would try to the packed pumpkin. It's cheaper than sweet potato and you can buy it at the grocery store in the baking aisle. It would be with the canned pie fillings. I use to give it to all 3 of mine when Doodlebug was a puppy for his tummy. He would throw up all the time and the pumpkin really worked. I'm going to guess on this since I never used it for poop eating.

The way the I gave it to mine was adding it directly to their food with a little warm water to make a thick gravy. I would take all the kibble that I was feeding then and put it into a bowl with about 3 tablespoons of pumpkin and run the water until it was hot and then slowly add a little water at a time until the pumpkin became consistent with gravy. Then I would divide the food into their bowls. They really loved it too and it didn't change the firmness of their poop either.

Karen I would suggest that you could try this with Cooper too since he is having a pineapple problem.

But remember you need to be consistent with this too and feed at each meal for it to work. You can still feed the pineapple since none of this will hurt them and only add more of the ingredients that make the poop taste bad.

Keep it up! You guys are doing great and it will work!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!