View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #14
Katie7075
Yorkie Talker

Cry Thanks so much!!!!

Thank you all so very much for all your good wishes and advise and information.

Candy had a reasonably good night. She was very alert and asked to go out a couple of times to the back yard. When she is in between medication she is much more alert and looks more like her old self. I think the medication is making her very drowsy and she seems to have a weakness and is sometimes like a floppy doll. I can only assume that this is due to her medication. Candy has never been good at taking meds and what makes it even worse is that she is still not eating. I give her her medication crushed and mixed with a little Coconut oil and Manuka Honey. Sometimes she will lick it off of her spoon and other times I physically have to try to get it into her mouth with my finger. Even though the honey is sweet, the tablets crushed in it are obviously very bitter and she shudders. She on the bed with me in the night and asked to get down to go to the toilet and when I put her down she had a little cough and keeled over again. I dont know whether it is the coughing, which is not much, that is making her keel over or the fact that the medication is making her so weak. Any advise on that would be really great.

The meds that she is on right now is;

Enalapril (5mg) - qtr tablet 2 times daily (I think this one is for her heart)
Prednisolone (1 mg) - 1 tablet 2 times daily (I think this one is a steriod)
Frusemide (20mg) - half a tablet twice daily (I think this is for fluid on her lungs)

Have I got this right?

How long can she last without eating anything. She has never been able to tolerate animal food so we have always fed her with fresh meats, rice chicken, turkey and she has always loved her treats and would eat them in abundance but it seems that when she smells the food or treats that the smell is making her feel sick.

She was quite bright earlier but she has gone back to how she was again and she does a lot of just sitting in her bed and staring at the floor and she looks so depressed that it is breaking my heart. I know that this is awful to say but I have lost a lot of people in my life, mum and dad and also all my 4 brothers and 1 sister. I have buried 2 boyfriends and numerous cats and dogs and through all I have never felt like I feel now. I dont know if that is because Candy & I have something special or just because I am getting older now.

Wil keep updates of how Candy is getting on.

Once again, Many thanks to you all. x x x
Katie7075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!