View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #6
cajungal
YT Addict

We also got a condolence card from our vet after Lacey died. Ridgefield Vet in Thibodaux, Louisiana has the most caring people. They tenderly took care of Lacey even though we knew they was nothing they could really do. We had to take her 3 times a week for IV fluids since she was in kidney failure. We did that for almost 3 months until we had to make the decision to put her to sleep. So, they grew close to Lacey. I truely believe the pain never totally goes away. There will always be emptiness in my heart, but I know that she will never hurt again. I think she knew she was dying. Because she became extremely clingly those last 3 months. Always wanting us to hold her and not wanting to put her down. The last night she was with us, she barely had the strength to get out of her doggy bed. But, took every strength in her body just to get out that bed and paw at my mom to pick her and hold her. It is my first holiday without her and what would of have been her 14th birthday is next month. I still cry nearly every day, but knowing I will have Chloe soon makes me smile. The day we buried her started off sunny but as soon as we put her in the ground, it started pouring down rain. My dad was even choking the tears away. I am so sorry you are going through all this pain. Take comfort knowing that we care even though we are many miles apart. Kelli and my Lacey are probably running around keeping each other company. And free of pain. They are our angels watching us from above.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!